Thursday, July 19, 2012

Good Morning Serger Friends

Flatlocking has always been a favorite stitch among serger embellishers. I love it. It is a great way to add character to an old t-shirt that has stains or whatever.  This has made you not want to wear it to go shopping or out to lunch.  BUT, if you use Candlelight thread in the upper looper and disengage the knife then you can add beautiful decorative stitching to that shirt. One of my students left long thread tails and added beads to the ends of the flatlock seam.  It was really sporty and cute. If you don't want to do that, then knot the ends and using a double eye needle hide the thread tails. Another options is to feed 1/8" ribbon under the seam - has a beautiful effect.
Aug 3 my sister is coming for a visit and most likely we will be going through all my samples...again. Then I will put aside some and take pics so I can post for you to see.
Well, hope your summer is going well, it is really hot here!

Til next time....

7 comments:

  1. HELP!!!!! I am trying to serge with 3 thread and the right needle. My problems is, is that it isn't forming the stitches. I have re-threaded many, many times and I am still having problems. I have even made the necessary adjustments as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Make sure the needle is ALL the way up in the whole. Loosen the other screw for the other needle a little bit and make sure the needle goes all the way UP. Then tighten it up again. This will prevent the stitdch from forming because it is not meeting with the looper threads. Or your timing is off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad I found your site. I look forward to the samples - I have never flat locked and don't know what it is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ms Maddie I found your site before I got my Janome Juno 3434D. I like how it was proforming until I had to change the threads because the lower looper thread broke. Now I am having a problem getting it to chain and I have rethreaded it many times. Can You help me please I dont want to say that my machine is a piece of garbage

    Thank You
    machine is killing me
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  5. That would be great! I’ve been waiting for you to mention that! No offense but I usually get bored reading long messages. I’m very fond of viewing photos coz’ it’s more real, alive and inspiring. Anyway, thanks a lot for the new update! Hope to hear more from you soon. God Bless you!

    Online PhD UK by Nina

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent weblog right here! Also your site lots up fast! What web host are you the usage of? Can I am getting your affiliate hyperlink on your host? I wish my web site loaded up as quickly as yours lol
    Cccam Server | Best Cccam Server | Cardsharing Server

    ReplyDelete
  7. Where have you disappeared to and will you have any other updates?

    Thank you
    Molly

    ReplyDelete