Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Be back to post real soon!!!


I have been thinking alot about new serger projects and some of the accessory feet that make my serger life so much easier.

There have been inquiries about doing a blind hem on a serger. I may have addressed this before, but if you ask I will revisit.

It is done using the blind hem foot or seam guide. And you need to use either a 2 or 3 thread flatlock stitch. It does take practice - a lot of practice but once you get the hang of it - you will love the results.

Years ago before I had a 5 thread serger I used to use the above technique to hem knits all the time.

Hope this helps.

1 comment:

  1. The trick with blindhemming is to get the needle to bite the fold at just the right place. How do you decide where that right place is?

    Sherilyn
    www.cherishedneedlecreations.com

    ReplyDelete