Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Holiday Gift


I am planning to make placemats and napkins for the gals in my family. They are so easy! I set up the serger for a 3 thread rolled hem using Jeansstitch thread in the upper looper and regular serger thread or polyester thread in the needle and the lower looper.

I cut four pieces 15" x 18" for the placemats and four 18" squares for the napkins.

For the placemats I use holiday print fabric for the top and a canvas or duck cloth for the back. With right side up a I serge all four sides - making sure to turn the piece CLOCKWISE to achieve sharp corners (see previous posts). I adjust the stitch length a little longer for a picot edge to accommodate the heavier fabric.

For the napkins I use single layer and a regular rolled hem setting. Perfect gift and it only takes about 30 minutes to complete the entire set of 4 placemats and 4 napkins! My kind of quick gift idea!!!

HO HO HO - no snow!!! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment