Wednesday, October 12, 2011
I had a thought a few days back. I was remembering when I made a serger quilt using old sweaters. It was really challenging until I used hairspray to prep the squares and prevent them from unraveling. So my thought for the day is - if you can't find your seam sealant.....use hairspray as a temporary fix.
Believe me, the hairspray really helped when I was making that quilt. I flatlocked the squares together using heavy weight decorative thread.
For my Christmas stocking friend. I hunted forever for the pattern and couldn't find a simple one. I only found the one I did using tissue lame and flatlocked odd pieces together to make a decorative (not really usable) holiday stocking.
One year I made miniature stockings and filled them with cinnamon scented potpourri to hang on the tree. I made several as gifts. They were treasured and my sister and some of my friends still have them.
Well, It is getting late and I travel again tomorrow. In a couple of weeks I will have some down time and I will post some projects.
Serge away my friends.