Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Been shopping for the Holidays


I have been shopping and wrapping for the holidays!
Today I taught a class at the Nursing Home. Fleece quilts (throws). I cut strips and they weaved the strips into pre-cut slices. The one I completed at home - I edged with my serger using jeans stitch thread in the upper looper. I lengthened the stitch to 3 and it made a beautiful edge. For the residents at the NH I had them use yarn to tie - retro style tying quilts. They loved them.

Sadly I did not have enough quilts for everyone. :-( The group is growing and I need to add another day. :-)

Sharing is caring.

2 comments:

  1. I do not seem to find how to ask you a question. I am trying to serge the edge of verysoft, fine fabric, pryor to washing and I cannot stop it from puckering. Any ideas?

    ReplyDelete
  2. when sewing fine fabrics - at times you need to shorten the stitch length. In addition, it may be necessary to adjust the differential feed to between 1.0 and 0.5. This may allow the fabric to feed without puckering. Make sure you are using the correct size needle for the type of fabric you are serging.

    ReplyDelete