Saturday, November 27, 2010

EZ Shawl2 - changed my mind


The graphic I have offset the two smaller pieces so you could see where they should be placed. Then you could see how they are folded down and either tied in knots or just left as fringe.


I changed my mind at the last minute. I cut the (width of the fabric) 58" x 16". Then I cut two small piece 16" x 6". Sandwiched the long piece between the two short pieces on the end of long piece. Serged across and then folded down the short ends. Then I sliced the two pieces so I could tie them in knots. One lady made hers without tying them in knots - just left it as fringe. They turned out great.

The original idea sounded pretty good, but was too difficult for my ladies at the Nursing Home to get the idea. This was easy and some of the shorter pieces I used different colors and it looked snazzy!!!

There are some really great books on fleece - for making jackets, vests, shawls, hats, mittens and lots of other neet stuff too.

Since I have been sewing for 47 years - I have accummulated quite a library. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment