Saturday, January 23, 2010

Valances made EZ

This past summer when my sister was visiting we made new valances for my kitchen windows. Of course when two people are working together time flies and projects get finished in a flash! I measured the width of the windows and doubled the number and then cut the sizes I needed. To make it EZ and quick we did a rolled hem on all the raw edges. That meant we didn't have to hem any of the valances. For the rod pockets - yes we went to the sewing machine. BUT in less than two hours we made three valances and one curtain (that was for the window that has no view). Please note that one window is a picture window that measures 72" wide. That was no challenge for the sewing sisters. So instead of hemming - if it is appropriate just do a rolled hem. Suggestions - delicate fabric garments, pillowcases, scraves, placemats, napkins, home dec pillow ocvers,kitchen curtains, valances (of course), table cloths, table runners, table toppers.........

Got a question?

2 comments:

  1. I would love to see more pics and examples of the different stitches and projects. Also, so do this, not this, kind of stuff. :)

    I LOVE this blog and I hope to refer to it often!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will post pictures of different types of stitches - thanks for the input.

    ReplyDelete